A Day at the Shore in Your New Custom Home on LBI
During the nice weather seasons many of us enjoy being outdoors and soaking up the sun and fun that the Jersey Shore offers. Particularly, during the summer it’s customary to have friends and families over for BBQs and gatherings, and there’s no better way to enjoy the sun, surf and sand than in your own custom home at the Jersey Shore. Here are some of the things you need in and around your new custom home that we think will make for the best days ever!
· Spill Over Spas – A Spill over spa is the perfect complement to any deck or pool. While you are relaxing in a warm, therapeutic spa, your friends or kids can be splashing away and swimming beside you in the pool. These spas have special pumps and plumbing that allow them to circulate pool water. They constantly fill up with pool water, then waterfalls via the spillover channel to your pool. They work beautifully with flagstone or decorative decking.
· Pergolas – A well designed and constructed pergola not only provides filtered protection from the sun, it can add beauty and definition to any deck or backyard area. Pergola’s can also be an extension of the home, stand-alone and provides protection for an open terrace. There are many designs, shapes and materials that can be used to create a Pergola, so the options are endless.
· Fire pits and fireplaces – Fire pits have come a long way, they aren’t just a dirt hole in the ground with some sticks and wood. Today you can find bar height gas fire pits to place your drinks on, stone and concrete fire pits built right into your patio, and coffee table fire pits with fire glass. A fire pit may be better for entertaining because more people can sit around it. A custom outdoor fireplace offers an intimate setting for just a few people. It encourages intimate conversation and a romantic ambience. On cooler summer nights and even during the fall a fireplace place or pit can be just what your new custom home needs!
· Heated patio- You’ve heard about heated flooring in your bathroom, but did you know you can do this outside too? Another way to warm up a cool spring or fall night is with a heated patio. You can install a radiant heating system under concrete to keep your patio warm all year round. Another advantage to a heated patio is that in the winter it will melt the snow, making cleaning and maintenance much easier.
· Outdoor kitchens- Outdoor kitchens continue to be one of the biggest outdoor trends for 2013. It can be as simple as a grill or as elaborate as a fully functional kitchen with a sink, beer station, countertops, pizza oven and refrigerator. Entertaining in your outdoor kitchen is a breeze and allows the hosts to engage their guests while preparing meals, drinks or snacks. Be sure that whatever kind of outdoor kitchen you decide on you have plenty of seating away from the heat source (grill, etc.) so that guest are comfortable.
· Outdoor living rooms – going hand in hand with the outdoor kitchen, outdoor living rooms and screened porches are a must have for many custom home owners. These extensions of your indoor space think beyond terraces and decks and offer better furnishing opportunities and can be combined with your fire pit or fireplace to create a warm, cozy relaxing oasis. Some homeowners even use curtains to define the space and include luxuries such as TV’s and outdoor entertainment centers for added luxury.
With these added features you will be sure to have the time of your life every day in your custom shore home. Stonehenge Building and Development can help you design and build your new home. We have been an LBI custom builder for over two decades and look forward to helping you have all the best days ever at the Jersey Shore! IF you have any questions or would like more information on building your custom home on LBI or the mainland, please contact us today.
Leave a Comment